Cheesy Pumpkin and Coriander Dip
1/2 small pumpkin
1 tsp butter
1/3 cup of milk (a little more may be needed
depending on the size of the pumpkin)
1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
Salt (to taste)
1/2 clove of crushed, finely chopped garlic.
2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
1. Remove skin and seeds from the pumpkin.
2. Chop into 1 inch cubes
3. Boil pumpkin until soft.
4. Drain well and transfer to a large boil.
5. Add butter, milk, parmesan, salt, pepper,
coriander, and garlic.
6. Mash all ingredients together until smooth
7. Refrigerate before serving.
8. Serve as a dip, spread in sandwiches or as
an accompaniment to veggie burgers.
1 cup short grain (whole grain) cooked
1 1/2 cup of cooked lentils (thoroughly
1/2 cup grated carrot
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
1 tsp sweet paprika
1. Combine all ingredients in a large
bowl – knead well.
2. Divide mixture into 8 portions and
shape into round, flat (2 inch) patties.
3. Arrange patties on an oiled baking
sheet and place in oven heated to 200
4. Bake until patties dry out and slightly
darken (about 10 minutes)
5. Burgers can now be refrigerated or
frozen until needed.
6. Pan fry patties in butter or oil until
7. Serve in burger buns or foccacia with
salad and assorted dips
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup corn flour (corn starch)
1 and half cups of plain flour
1 tbsp vanilla essence.
1. Cream butter and sugar until creamy.
2. Stir in sifted flours and vanilla.
3. Line a spring form pan with mixture.
4. Bake for 20 minutes at 180?.
5. Part way through baking, knock down
crust and reshape it. Continue baking.
500g softened cream cheese
3/4 cup castor sugar
Juice and rind of 1 large lemon
300ml of cream.
1. Beat cream cheese and sugar together.
2. Add eggs one at a time along with lemon juice
3. Beat until no lumps remain.
4. Stir in cream.
5. Pour filling into baked crust and bake at
180? for 40 minutes.
6. When cool refrigerate.
Decorate with whipped cream and grated nutmeg.